City of Lorain Utilities Projects
The City of Lorain has applied for, or intends to apply for funding, for the following planning, design, and construction projects from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Water Pollution Control Loan Fund (WPCLF) and the Water Supply Revolving Loan Account (WSRLA). Ohio EPA will administer loan preparation based on state standards and Ohio EPA procedures. The currently programmed user rates will not change due to these projects.
If you care to comment on the South Lorain Waterline Replacement Phase III project, anticipated to begin in March 2018, please use the below link to do so. Please submit written comments only to Georgene Gedling or at City of Lorain Engineering Department. Comments must be received by September 15, 2017.
- South Lorain Waterline Replacement Phase III (Construction) (PDF)
- South Lorain Waterline Replacement Phase III (LER)
- Water Treatment Plan Planning Study (Planning)
- Redhill Transmission Main (Design)
- Black River Wastewater Treatment Plant - Traveling Bar Screen Addition (Construction)
- Martin's Run Pump Station Upgrades (Design)
The City will provide for public comment on the remaining projects at a later date. At a later date, the Ohio EPA will make available for public information environmental review documents for these projects.
Thank you for your cooperation.
For further information, please contact Georgene Gedling.