Garbage & Waste Information
Garbage and Waste Information
Residential bulk trash will be collected every week on your regularly scheduled pickup day. Items that by size or weight are too large to fit in the container, such as miscellaneous household furniture and appliances, may be placed next to the blue trash container on the bulk collection day. Do not place extra trash in large contractor bags as they will not be picked up.
or 440-204-2500 Option 4
If you have any questions, please call 440-458-6743 for Republic Services Direct Line
or 440-204-2500 Option 4
Bulk Pick-Up Specifics:
- Appliances: Refrigerators and freezers, DOORS REMOVED – FREON REMOVED and tagged by certified technician
• Any other Freon bearing appliance: Freon must be removed and tagged by certified technician
• Carpet and wood should be cut to 4 ft lengths, no more than 35 lbs and be rolled and tied/bundled together, all nails or screws must be removed or hammered down
• Boxes should be broken down, no longer than 4 ft in length, weigh no more than 35 lbs. and must be tied/bundled, do not put items in boxes and place at the curb.
• Please ensure to completely wrap any mattress, box springs and/or upholstered furniture in plastic
• Up to 6 cubit meters of volume equal to an area of 5’ x 5’ x 5’ at the curbside for bulk collections
• Up to (6) 35 gal bags of trash, each bag cannot weigh more than 35 lbs.
• Christmas trees will be picked up every week.
SOLID WASTE INFORMATION
All waste must be placed in the 95-gallon blue container with the black lid. Containers must be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day, but no earlier than 7:00 p.m. the night before. Containers must be placed with the arrows pointing towards the street to allow for the collection of your container contents.
A 65-gallon dark blue container with a light blue lid is provided for all of your weekly recycling needs. Recycling containers will be emptied on a weekly basis on your regular collection day.
Acceptable Recycling Items:
- Aluminum, steel and bi-metal food and beverage cans only
- Glass Items: Food and beverage bottles only and jars. Empty and rinse containers and remove caps.
- Plastics: Food and beverage containers marked #1 through #7 only. Empty and rinse containers and remove caps.
- Plastic Detergent and soap containers marked #1 through #7 only. Empty and rinse containers and remove caps.
- Paper: Newspaper, newspaper inserts, magazines, junk mail, cardboard and paperboard items such as cereal and clean pizza boxes
- Cartons: All kinds of cartons are acceptable including milk, juice and other cartons
NOT Acceptable Recycling Items:
- Containers with excessive food or liquids still in container
- Styrofoam, aluminum foil, pie tins, etc.
- Window glass, mirrors, drinking glasses, light bulbs, ceramics, china, etc.
- Plastic bags, plastic wrap, flower pots, toys, etc.
- Scrap metal, car parts, batteries, etc.
- Shredded paper is not acceptable
- Yard waste is not to be placed in the recycling container
Yard waste is collected all year around on regular pickup day.
Yard waste may be placed in brown paper bio-degradable bags, clear plastic bags and/or a 32 gallon plastic container loose (unbagged) which have been clearly marked "yard waste" or "YW" and do not weigh in excess of 35 lba.
Small branches must be cut and bundled and must not exceed four (4) feet in length and the bundles cannot weigh more than 35 lbs. Branches larger than six (6) inches will not be collected with yard waste. In addition, plastic bags, dirt and stone will not be collected with yard waste.
Suggested ways to handle excess trash include private dumpster rental or taking items to the landfill at 43502 Oberlin-Elyria Road in Oberlin.